Friday, May 1

Names Names

note: happy labour day everyone! and happy holidays for those who are still planting grapes like me. =]

names. sigh. speaking of names, my name turned out to have plenty of spellings created by government officers, private sectors and bla bla bla.

the other day when i went to the general hospital melaka for my x-ray for my braces, the form i had with me has my name perfectedly written. after all those x-ray processing stuffs, actually it was kinda cool la because i did it for the first time in my life. machines have sounds. i saw lasers. red lights. orange lights.

first time when i entered the room, there were 2 doctors. they were directing me on what to do. wear the big, red suit. take off your glasses. earrings. then stand below the machine. then there's something that they poke into your ears. then both of them entered another room. i almost asked them where were they going. =.= but it seemed that they were carrying out the process of x-ray. they work on the machine. so went the other machine that i went.

so i was done. i waited and waited outside at the waiting room for my film to be processed.

my name was called. perfectly. i went to ms. nurse and took it. my god. i saw my name written on the envelope.


they completely change my name! can they ever copy back my name written on the form? they're blind i guess. and they totally changed my name! from ramona to romona. sigh and my last name ern, they changed it to pern of something. it ain't clear. i myself have no idea what they've written.

yesterday, i went to college. another same thing. i went to pass up my scholarship form. and i received my letter of acceptance from the college. they've 2 pieces of letters.


the main one was right. perfectly right.

(i tell you, from now on, my must always re-check my names in everything i received specially for me. i paling pantang already now if my name spell wrong.)

so she asked me to check my second letter fo acceptance. see whether if there's any mistakes. so i didn't care much about my name. i checked others. it was perfect. so i told her everything was right. but when i entered the car. i checked again. my name! my name!


romana wei. then i laughed and told my brother my name was spelled wrong by the college admin who typed this out. sigh. then it came into my mind about sejarah text book. the form 4. zaman mesir purba i guess. there was such zaman where julius caesar or something. can't remember much. he created pax romana. and when our class read it, they started teasing me with pax romana. sigh. i miss school.

kays, so back to my name. so when the moment i reached home. i dialled college's number and spoke to the lady. i told her my name was spelled wrong as romana. she laughed. i laughed too. then she said she'll do something about it and will get back to me soon. phew. the students rights. change back my name!!! *laughs*

and i remember when i first entered mr huan's class for tuition. he tried pronouncing my name but he didn't get it right. casey and yen mei laughed their arse off wei. his tongue is short.

i love my name. don't modify! yoh...


PS: i'm loving my new header. and i'm starting to change my header every month if you notice it. monthly header. =]

0 comments: