Sunday, May 11

Dear Mother


You bore the pain when you were giving birth to me in the labour room that night, close to midnight. That was exactly 17 years ago. If I came out a little late, I'll be born on Mother's Day of 1991. But I came out at 11.58pm. So close to 12am!


Everyone rejoiced when I came into existence.


When you brought me up, to feed me and to teach me moral values, manners, and taught me numbers, to be a better person in life. You showed your love and care for me everyday without fail.


Even there was no such thing as Rusk before in my life when I was a little kid, I don't mind because I don't even know whether it exist or not.

You tried all sorts of way to feed the family (when Daddy was away for work) by selling nasi lemak. Getting many orders via phone calls. Waking up in the morning with Grandma.
PS: The nasi lemak smelled great everyday!


You waited for me when I stepped down from the bus when kindergarten class was over.


You brought me up and you have always been there for me when I have problems came up. You helped me to solve it together with me.


I know you have hard time forcing me to sleep even though I was tired and sleepy after a long hyper day everyday. But you endured it.

You have been the greatest mother to me!

Today, I'm 17. I drank my first coffee on the 17th year.

The RM0.90 drink. At the coffee shop early in the morning. With you. And family.

You and I entered the shop. Bought a cake. Black forest. Not for Mother's Day but for my birthday.


You celebrated with me. On my birthday on Mother's Day.


Happy Mother's Day!

Thanks for the many wishes whether though SMS, MSN, or verbally! I appreciate it!